football price under 100,jozef kovalik,free online poker machines aristocrat]
- The first exoplanet discovered was in 1992 and, since then, most exoplanets found have been less than 3,000 light-years from Earth.
Published on Oct 26, 2021 08:55 AM IST
Written by Susmita Pakrasi | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
According to plans unveiled by Blue Origin, the ‘Orbital Reef’ space station will operate as a “mixed-use business park” in the frontiers of the cosmos. It will ideally provide the infrastructure needed to scale up economic activity and open new markets in space.
Updated on Oct 26, 2021 07:55 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The real disaster scenario begins with the triggering of invisible climate tripwires known as tipping points.
Published on Oct 25, 2021 03:38 PM IST
- The platform created by NASA uses satellite imagery to show how much water evaporates into the atmosphere from plants, soil and other surfaces.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 01:44 PM IST
AP | , Denver
“We are very concerned by what China has been doing on the hypersonic front,” said Ambassador Robert Wood, the US permanent representative to the Conference on Disarmament.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 06:29 AM IST
- China's robotic spacecraft that went to the Moon last year brought back Moon rocks that have provided a new insight into lunar volcanic activity more recent than earlier thought.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 05:06 PM IST
AP | , Beijing
- The visual sensory thalamus is a key region that connects the eyes with the cerebral cortex.
Published on Oct 17, 2021 09:47 PM IST
ANI | , Hindustan Times, New Delhi
According to Nasa, the trojan asteroids near Jupiter are “time capsules” from the birth of our solar system more than four billion years ago. These primitive bodies hold vital clues to deciphering the history of the solar system.
Updated on Oct 16, 2021 05:49 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The satellite was launched aboard a Long March-2D rocket and entered its planned orbit successfully.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 05:41 PM IST
PTI | , Beijing
As the amount of carbon in the atmosphere rises, this eat-and-be-eaten cycle increases to keep up. Metabolically, trees are running just to stand still. In the course of all this cycling, forests are locking up the major part of the 33% of human-caused emissions removed from the atmosphere.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 01:37 PM IST
Here, in the Ramon Crater in the desert of southern Israel, a team of six - five men and one woman - have begun simulating what it will be like to live for about a month on the red planet.
Published on Oct 11, 2021 12:09 PM IST
Reuters | , Ramon Crater
- One of the main objectives of Chang'e-5, named after the mythical Chinese goddess of the moon, was to find out how long the moon remained volcanically active.
Published on Oct 09, 2021 09:22 PM IST
Reuters | By hindustantimes.com
- Benjamin List (Germany) and David MacMillan (US) win Nobel Chemistry Prize
Published on Oct 06, 2021 03:26 PM IST
AP | , Stockholm
- Scientists Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Physics for their "groundbreaking contributions to our understanding of complex physical systems," the award-giving body said on Tuesday.
Published on Oct 05, 2021 03:27 PM IST
AP | , Oslo
The Nobel committee posted pictures of David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian after they jointly won the 2021 Nobel Prize in medicine, which showed Julius enjoying a cup of coffee with his wife while the latter watched the award ceremony in bed with his son.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 08:50 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The research, published in the journal Public Health in Practice, analysed plausible associations of Covid-19 mortality and excess weight in nearly 5.5 billion adults from 154 countries around the world.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 05:26 PM IST
PTI | , Washington
The study found that the floods, which probably lasted mere weeks, eroded more than enough sediment to completely fill Lake Superior and Lake Ontario.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 12:35 PM IST
ANI | , Washington
- Earlier missions have detected evidence of ice in the deepest recesses of the planet's polar craters.
Published on Oct 03, 2021 06:10 AM IST
- The researchers said that public health measures will have to be implemented further for those who have to meet people and also for those working indoors.
Published on Oct 02, 2021 10:14 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The BepiColombo mission, named after Italian scientist Giuseppe Bepi' Colombo, captured the view of Mercury as the spacecraft flew past the planet for a gravity assist manoeuvre.
Published on Oct 02, 2021 03:07 PM IST
- The Brazilian girl is known as the world's youngest astronomer, looking for asteroids as part of a Nasa-affiliated program, attending international seminars and meeting with her country's top space and science figures.
Published on Oct 01, 2021 10:55 PM IST
The team at Stanford University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) in the US applied the vaccine patch directly to the skin of animals, which is full of immune cells that vaccines target.
Published on Sep 27, 2021 05:37 PM IST
PTI | , Boston
A new study showed that today's young generation will be much severely affected by climate extremes like wildfires, droughts, floods etc than today's adults.
Published on Sep 27, 2021 03:18 PM IST
ANI | , Brussels (belgium)
According to Russian Rocket and Space Corporation Energia, persistent air leaks on the ISS could be the result of welding errors made inside the Zarya and Zvezda modules three decades ago.
Published on Sep 27, 2021 10:37 AM IST
ANI | , Moscow
- The engineers behind this microflier optimised their design by studying maple trees and other types of wind-dispersed seeds
Published on Sep 24, 2021 12:03 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The footprints were found in a dry lake bed in White Sands National Park, first spotted in 2009 by a park manager.
Published on Sep 24, 2021 05:52 AM IST
AP | , Washington
- Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (Viper) will be launched aboard SpaceX Falcon-Heavy rocket in 2023 as part of Nasa’s Artemis programme.
Published on Sep 21, 2021 03:58 PM IST
Scientists on Thursday said artifacts unearthed in a cave in Morocco dating back as far as 120,000 years ago indicate that humans were making specialized bone tools, skinning animals and then using tools to process these skins for fur and leather.
Published on Sep 19, 2021 06:31 AM IST
The researchers explained that this paint can be used to cover an entire roof area of nearly 1,000 square feet that would equal to the cooling power of 10 kilowatts, which is more powerful than the air conditioners used in houses.
Published on Sep 19, 2021 12:13 AM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi